Monday 29 May 2017

Ms. Glover was sick today! :(

Hello Parents and Happy Monday!

I was off ill today but missed all of my amazing kiddies so much! I was in contact with the teachers who covered for me and I heard on numerous occasions how well behaved they were! I am so proud of them!

In math today the students learned about relating fractions to probability and how we can use our knowledge of fractions to explain the chances of an event happening. Here is an example:


This is a bag of marbles. If I wanted to explain the probability of pulling out a blue marble I would say that I have a 5/12 chance (or 5 in 12 chance) of pulling out a blue marble. If I wanted to explain the probability of pulling out a green marble I would say I have a 1/12 (a 1 in 12 chance) of pulling out a green marble. There is a higher probability of me pulling out a blue marble versus a green marble. 

In language students were provided with time to work on our Arts Night performance. I have emailed some pictures for reference for costumes. I have also attached some below: 

Arts Night Costumes: 

Girls: 


 


 

http://www.onecreativehousewife.com/2012/11/50s-day-poodle-skirt-tutorial.html (here is a link for a DIY poodle skirt made of felt!) 

Girls 
  • poodle skirt (red blue or pink) I can attach the poodles so that they can be removed if you would like to save the skirt but please bring it in as soon as possible so I have time to do so. Or you can make them at home 
  • Black or white plain t-shirt 
  • Coloured Scarf to match skirt 
  • Black shoes (school shoes will be fine!) 
  • Hair will be in a pony tale or any 60's style! 
  • I would recommend a pair of shorts under the skirts as they do twirl on stage! 

Boys:


Boys: 
  • Black pants 
  • Black Shoes 
  • Black and White Stripped Shirt
  • No black jacket is needed but if boys do have a leather jacket at home they can wear that as well!  
  • Hair Slicked Back Elvis Style (if possible)

**Please if you have any questions about costumes or need any help do not hesitate to contact me!**

After lunch, recess, and French the class spent time starting their UOI summative planners, I cant wait to hear everyone's unique ideas! 

The day ended with reading more of The Secret Garden before gym, agendas and Kiss and Ride. 

Important Reminders: 
  • Spelling lesson 31 due Thursday Test Friday 
  • Math Page 192-193
  • Next page of novel study
  • Lunch due June 1st
  • Bake sale Tuesday/Wednesday
  • Casual Day Wednesday
Have a wonderful evening and I will see you all tomorrow! 

Ms. Glover